As we get ready to dive into a new year of challenges we want to pause and take a moment to celebrate all that we have accomplished. All of you have helped us achieve so much, and we give our deep thanks to everyone for their support!
In 2010 we…
- We are now reaching over 6 million people in 15 countries across 4 continents.
- We have treated hundreds of thousands of patients at our permanent and mobile health clinics in Africa, Asia, and the Americas
- In India, Real Medicine Foundation surveyed over 37,000 families and 56,000 children across 500 villages for our Malnutrition Eradication Program with 38,000 counseling sessions held and over 6,000 cases of Severe Acute Malnutrition diagnosed.
- In South Sudan, we initiated the First Ever Accredited Nursing and Midwifery College; the first class of 40 students is in full swing.
- In Pakistan, we have been peacefully holding the Taliban at bay by providing access to healthcare for 150,000 in the KPK region.
- Also in Pakistan, we have treated over 20,000 Flood Victims at our Free Medical Camps.
- In Haiti, post earthquake, more than 200 patients were treated per day at our Primary Healthcare Clinic in Port-au-Prince and over $600,000 in medicines and supplies were delivered.
- Our free clinic in Haiti provides public access to 24-hour emergency and general healthcare to a community that is home to more than 100,000 displaced persons living in tents.
- In the drought regions of Turkana, Kenya, we gave food and water to thousands and provide medical support to a community of 30,000.
- In Sri Lanka, India, Kenya, Uganda, more than 1,000 longer term care patients are cared for.
- Across Africa and Asia, we support school fees for almost 1,500 children.
We are so grateful to all our followers, supporters and staff and wish everyone a fantastic 2011!