This Holiday Season Give the Gift of Health
Thanks to your support, Real Medicine's impact continued to grow in 2011!
Now we need you to finish the year strong.
From the eastern shores of Asia, across the plains of Africa and up from the west coast of South America to the familiar communities of North America, hundreds of thousands of children and families have benefited from Real Medicine Foundation's work this year.
Our work this past year has been, as always, about saving lives, but we have also been committed to changing lives, making sure that our impact lasts long after emergency aid, medicine and supplies are delivered. Empowering people to get back on their feet with projects such as community business rebuilding in post Tsunami Japan and Vocational Training for Refugees in Uganda are just two examples of RMF giving a leg up instead of just a handout. Educational outreach to thousands of families in rural India to give them the tools necessary to prevent Childhood Malnutrition is another agent of change we have put in motion.
As 2011 draws to a close, we are writing to ask you to keep RMF at the top of your most-favored charities so we can continue our life saving and life changing work around the world with your gift that keeps on giving. Help us to raise $50,000 this holiday season, to keep the clean water, food, medicine, and livelihood assistance flowing into the areas on our planet where it is needed the most.
We'd like to share just a few samples of what you helped us make possible in 2011:
• In Japan, post-earthquake and tsunami, RMF reached over 33,000 people in Ishinomaki City with hot meals, first aid supplies, household kits, debris/sludge cleanup, and community center support, joining forces with the Japanese NGO, JEN. We are still on the ground today supporting the rebuilding efforts with long term livelihood projects.
• In India, RMF's Malnutrition Eradication Program has continued to expand. Our field staff of 75 Community Nutrition Educators diagnosed and treated 85,016 cases of Acute Malnutrition in more than 600 villages since our program started in 2010. 13,432 village nutrition training sessions were conducted, with over 105,000 people in attendance. 111,764 families were counseled on topics such as nutrition, public health services, breastfeeding, and hygiene.
• In Uganda, in addition to providing support to the 55,000 refugees at the Kiryandongo refugee settlement, RMF initiated and funded a new vocational training institute to train young adults skills such as tailoring and hairdressing to move forward on our vision of making the refugee community self-sufficient.
• In South Sudan, 40 Nurses and Midwives at the RMF sponsored first-ever accredited Nursing and Midwifery College in Juba, are beginning their 2nd year of training. The 2nd class of 40 will start in early 2012.
• In Pakistan, RMF treated more than 25,000 flood victims at our free medical camps. As 2011 progressed, we initiated two new healthcare programs, a mobile clinic in Sindh and a clinic in Gulbella treating more than 32,000 patients. We have also continued our Talhatta clinic for 150,000 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK), and began a new maternal child health research partnership with the University of Alberta, Canada.
• In Haiti, our free clinic at Hôpital Lambert Santéprovided public access to 24-hour emergency and general healthcare to a community that is home to more than 100,000 displaced persons living in tents. RMF is also continuing to direct resources to our Public/Private Hospital Consortium Project as a solution to Haiti's long term healthcare challenges remaining in the wake of the January 2010 earthquake.
• In Kenya, RMF took on to upgrade the only hospital for 1,000,000 people in Lodwar, Turkana, starting with the pediatric ward. We also continue to provide medical support, food and water to thousands through mobile and stationary clinics in the poorest and most drought ravaged regions in Kenya.
• Closer to home, in South Los Angeles, RMF provided 70 children with new backpacks filled with school supplies and personal hygiene products, and we continue to support children and families in the most underserved areas of our own city.
RMF frequently makes headlines around the world for its work on behalf of those afflicted by disaster and poverty, but the secret to our success is you - our friends around the world!
In RMF's spirit of Friends Helping Friends Helping Friends, we ask you to help us to finish the year strong and raise $50,000 by December 31 to continue our life saving and life changing work around the world.
We look forward to reaching our goal together with you!
From all of us at Real Medicine Foundation - thank you for your continued friendship and generosity!
Two Ways to Give
You can donate directly through our website by clicking on the Donate button below and set up a one time donation or set up regular monthly donations using Paypal or GoogleWallet. The second way you can contribute is by setting up your own RMF fundraiser through our Facebook Causes page! Simply click on Fundraise button below and then join our Causes page to start your own fundraiser through your Facebook network.