Return to Top
Palathuduwa Preschool Support, Q1/2012
May 30, 2012
Achievements this quarter:
- Work with guardians and caretakers to assist in proper caretaking of the children;
- Educate children in the area to ensure health awareness and proper sanitation;
- Provide the children with nutritious meals;
- Educate children about their environment, integrating eco-awareness and outdoor activities into their routines;
- Educate them about natural disasters and environmental pollution, including small skills they can utilize to help preserve their surroundings;
- Diversity education about cultural and ethnic diversity in their community, including exercises aimed at increasing tolerance and understanding of differences;
- Give lessons to children about modern communication technologies, including the use of mobile phones;
- Continue Basic English knowledge education in a practical setting.
- The new school year and term began on the 2nd of January with 11 students in total.
- Six new children joined us this year (five students from last year stayed)
- Seven students from our pre-school entered the primary schools. Five of these students were admitted to the Palathuduwa Vidyalaya for their higher education.
- On the 3rd of January we held our staff meeting at Tangalle “Palathuru Asapuwa”with Mrs. Minerva Fernando, Mr. Nishantha, Mrs. Sepali, Mrs. Pushpa and Miss Piyushani participating.
- Mrs. Minerva and Mr. Nishantha brought sports items for the children.
- We held a parent meeting together with the Shramadana campaign in this month.
- The overall children’s’ attendance at the school was good, only two children were briefly absent with fever and cough.