RMF South Sudan Seeks Accountant
Real Medicine Foundation (RMF), is a US based, nonprofit public charity 501©(3), headquartered in Los Angeles, California, with branches in the UK and Germany, and with offices and partners all over the world.
The Real Medicine Foundation South Sudan office works in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health Republic of South Sudan and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) implementing health and nutrition programs in Juba, Boma and Fangak States. RMF would like to recruit a South Sudanese national to handle the accounting requirements of its ongoing projects.
Applicants should be in alignment with Real Medicine Foundation’s values of respect and dignity, its vision of ‘Liberating Human Potential’ and ‘Empowering Local Leadership,’ and its mission of providing humanitarian support to people living in disaster and poverty-stricken areas, focusing on the person as a whole by providing medical/physical, emotional, social, and economic support.
RMF South Sudan is seeking a full-time Accountant to join our team in Juba. The Accountant will be an integral part of the RMF Emergency Health/Nutrition Response Program in South Sudan. S/He will be directly managing and implementing the accounting requirements for the RMF/UNICEF Emergency Nutrition/Health Response Program in South Sudan. The Accountant will support the RMF Emergency Health/Nutrition Response Program and ensures the delivery of high quality services in line with the South Sudan Ministry of Health and international protocols, guidelines, and best practices. S/He will promote the quality of care provided by the RMF teams and will ensure an integrated approach. S/He will be based in Juba with frequent travels to RMF field sites.
- Manage the day-to-day financial requirements and assist in managing the administrative requirements of RMF’s South Sudan projects.
- Prepare consolidated budgets on a monthly basis for RMF project operations for approval by RMF South Sudan Country Office and RMF Headquarters.
- Manage RMF accounting and banking activities in South Sudan, including overseeing monthly financial reports and expense documentation (i.e. providing original and/or scans of receipts, invoices, financial documents) to RMF headquarters in the US.
- Execute financial modeling and projections suitable for internationally competitive business plans and models.
- Undertake missions to field locations to review administrative and financial arrangements and provide support as required.
- Certify country financial expenditures.
- Settle amounts due, and recover outstanding receivables.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year-end closure of all RMF accounts, including bank reconciliation, and submit reports to RMF headquarters as per prescribed deadlines.
- Prepare and oversee required audits, always meeting given deadlines.
- Provide effective and timely follow-up to audit observations and recommendations.
- Support Team Leader in regards to RMF’s fundraising actions by supporting preparation of project funding submissions and appeals.
- Support administrative aspects of proposal preparation and grant writing.
- Support preparation of monthly/quarterly program progress reports to RMF headquarters, including financial, narrative, and photo reports.
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintain organizational staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Plan, monitor, and appraise employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; schedule management conferences with employees.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource national requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; and representing the organization.
- Ensure that monthly compensation of all RMF South Sudan team is paid in full and on time.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintain record activities pertaining to RMF operations and report data in South Sudan.
- Connect (and if appropriate, meet) with current and prospective contributors, based in South Sudan, and attract funding, such as grants, contributions and sponsorships to RMF’s work, especially focused on RMF South Sudan programs.
- Explore and evaluate offers of investment into RMF’s projects in South Sudan and worldwide.
- Assure RMF’s compliance with all levels of requirements in South Sudan, and the local and federal government pertaining to the oversight of RMF’s (USA/Principal) organizational status in South Sudan, including filing all pertinent applications, maintaining accurate activity records, and transparent accounting of all transactions.
Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required
- Education: University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration, or related field or university degree in another field combined with a professional experience in accounting and finance. Excellent knowledge of standard accounting software, including QuickBooks, as well as online accounting procedures a must.
- Job experience: Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience. Ability to work in a multicultural team.
- Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and good working knowledge of one or more local languages; Arabic is an added advantage.
Interested candidates (South Sudanese nationals only) who meet the requirements should send their application letter and non-refundable copy of CVs, National IDs, and academic documents together with the names of three referees via email to: Jobs@realmedicinefoundation.org.
Closing date of receiving application: 16:00 South Sudan time on March 8, 2017. The employment starting date for this position is March 15, 2017.